Collection of Personal Data
From time to time and for the purpose of carrying on any operation of the ARF, you may be requested to supply data that may directly or indirectly identify you or other person(s) as an individual ("Personal Data"). The scope of Personal Data required from you may vary depending on the circumstances but in general may include, but is not limited to, the following:-
- Full name;
- Contact details such as address(es), telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- Your image and voice, including photograph, video or audio recordings (for example, at ARF conferences or meetings); and
- Demographic information such as nationality and employment.
Occasionally, you may be requested to provide Personal Data about other individuals to the ARF (such as members, employees, suppliers or contractors). In order to provide such information, for the compliance with the Ordinance, you are required to have first obtained the authorisation of such individuals before using, disclosing and transferring their Personal Data, including giving consent on their behalf to the ARF's possible use, disclosure and transfer of their Personal Data, for the purposes you would want to achieve from the ARF. If necessary, the ARF may require you to provide to the ARF any supporting documents which may be necessary to prove such authorisation. You should also advise them that the ARF can be contacted for further information.
Use of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes:-
- carrying out the ARF’s work and functions, and providing related services;
- for marketing, promotional and stakeholder management purposes, such as sending offers and promotions (please see further details in “Direct Marketing” below);
- conducting checks regarding eligibility for services (including events, access to publications and other services) applied for;
- verifying your identity;
- meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether compulsory or voluntary, of the ARF, or in connection with:
a. any law, regulation, judgment, court order, sanctions regime, within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong")existing currently and in the future;
b. any guidelines, guidance, demand or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities within or outside Hong Kong; or
c. any of the rules or bye-laws of the ARF relating to the ARF’s core operations.
- Matching (as defined in the Ordinance) your Personal Data with other data collected (by ARF or third parties) for other purposes, in relation to, the provision of facilities, goods and services to you and/or the performance of any transactions and administration work related to ARF's operations;
- maintaining and developing ARF’s systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- prevention, detection or investigation of crime; and/or
- facilitating communications between you and the ARF.
From time to time, the ARF may also use aggregate non-identifying information about its members and other stakeholders to better design and improve the ARF’s services and activities. This information will not identify any individual in particular.
Occasionally, the ARF may use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) to send you marketing or promotional communications containing news, offers and/or promotions about its events or activities organised.
You can always opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional communications free-of-charge by contacting the ARF Secretariat.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data supplied to the ARF will be kept confidential and used as set out above. However, the ARF may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the Personal Data was collected, provide such Personal Data to the following parties:
- any ARF members and its affiliated organisations for fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected (subject to any consent requirement relating to "Direct Marketing" above);
- any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the ARF, or jointly with the ARF, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to the ARF and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information;
- consultants, agents, contractors, suppliers and any third party service provider of the ARF which provide administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telecommunications, computer, financial, payment or other services to ARF in connection with their operations;
- government and regulatory authorities, investigative bodies and law enforcement agencies and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers when requested by you to do so.
The ARF may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties: (i) when required by law, by court order, or in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry; or (ii) pursuant to the ARF's good faith belief that disclosure is required by law or otherwise necessary to the establishment of legal claims or defences, to obtain legal advice, to exercise and defend the ARF's legal rights, or to protect the life, body or property of an individual. This also applies when the ARF has reason to believe that disclosing the Personal Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with the ARF's rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
The Personal Data that the ARF collects or obtains may be transferred to jurisdictions that offer lesser protection of personal data than that provided in your jurisdiction. By submitting Personal Data to the ARF using any of the ARF's services, you understand and consent to such transfer.
Links to Third Party Websites
By using the Website(s), you agree that the ARF can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data and improve your on-line experience.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the website owners.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
Commitment to Data Security
The ARF is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. A variety of physical, technological and organisational measures may be used to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to Personal Data held by the ARF about you and to correct such data. You may direct your request in writing to:
C/- The Hong Kong Jockey Club Headquarters
1 Sports Road
Happy Valley, Hong Kong.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice is written in English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.