The NHA informed the Racing Operators of the requirements that needs to be complied with in order to stage these meetings.
The following rules shall be applicable on the effective start date.
• The field sizes will be restricted to 12 runners per race with the exception of ALL Pattern races in which 14 runners will be allowed.
• Jockeys will be restricted to ride in the region of their choice and cannot move in between provinces. They will be allowed to make ONE move prior to the commencement of racing.
• The adjusted minimum riding weight in Handicap races shall remain at 54kg.
• Horses moving between regions shall NOT be allowed unless a horse is moving to another province on a permanent basis as per the regulations of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
• All Horse Transport Companies must have the necessary Permits to move horses between the training centres and race courses.
• The last race must be run not later than 16h45.
• Any persons with comorbidities shall not be able to attend.
Racing at Flamingo Park shall not take place in the month of June. The Racing Operators shall advise on the status of Kimberley racing in due course.
All of the above will be applicable for the month of June, 2020. Any relaxations shall be implemented in conjunction with the status of the Covid-19 pandemic, together with any positive changes to the Governments adjusted risk strategy from July onwards.
While South African racing can resume Singapore must wait until July. The Singapore Turf Club advised this week that the suspension of racing at Kranji has been extended to June 30th, 2020, in line with the Singapore Government's measures Government’s phased approach to the resumption of activities safely after the Covid-19 Circuit Breaker ends on June 1st, 2020.
Racing was suspended at Kranji from April 7th, 2020.
New Zealand racing resumes in July and with the relaxation of movement restrictions New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing advised this week that the traditional Guineas races in November will remain at Riccarton in the South Island.
Previous planning before the movement changes had the Guineas meetings to be moved to the North Island to accommodate the mainly North Island based runners in the Guineas races.